Monday, April 12, 2010

Nearer, my God, to Thee

To my loved ones,

What can I say? What advice could I give, or experience could I share...I am not bound by time, but I have naught to say. I wish, I could go on forever... but to you all, my beloved, I have naught to say.

Have you ever looked, into someone's eyes? Gazed deeply...
and lost yourself...And for a few minutes... all there is, is a feeling.
But it means everything.

It could begin by a conversation about anything...but the bridge... to a reverent acknowledgement and understanding...is in those small moments... when no words are said.But the universe unfolds, in that feeling, that someone cares.

It doesn't matter... save it be that in that moment... we know that there is More. That someone Cares. That we are Someone. That we have a Purpose.

And that if Love, and Hope, are real...There must be More.

Nearer, my God, to Thee. Nearer. To Thee.

I live for those Moments, beloved.
We live, for these moments.

When Hearts become One.

I can do this, all. my. life.
I hope I do. I know, I will.
I apologize...but I cannot find the words.


--Elder Christopher A. Lewis


Perhaps, we can come a bit closer to the understanding... through the Prophet, President Monson's own words,


I believe that among the greatest lessons we are to learn in this short sojourn upon the earth are lessons that help us distinguish between what is important and what is not.

And what is most important almost always involves the people around us. Often we assume that they must know how much we love them. But we should never assume; we should let them know. Wrote William Shakespeare, “They do not love that do not show their love.”

Despite the changes which come into our lives and with gratitude in our hearts, may we fill our days—as much as we can—with those things which matter most. May we cherish those we hold dear and express our love to them in word and in deed.

Send that note to the friend you’ve been neglecting; give your child a hug; give your parents a hug; say “I love you” more; always express your thanks. Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved. ~

Go for a small walk. Look around. Smile at something beautiful. Spend some time with the children. Sing something lovely. Listen to the Tabernacle Choir. Spend time with a Friend. Help someone else. Say thank you. Reminisce on the happiest moments of your life. Think on your Family. Read the Scriptures. Pray. In all things...

Ponder. That word, is really the only way, to understand, the things I have not the tongue to say. Ponder. On all things. And the great Mysteries of the Universe, become so simply beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog LANGUAGE Translations