Monday, August 2, 2010

A Good Moment for Me xDD!

Well... looks like I've only got a lil time, and there are a few items to be addressed:

ONE! sorry... however, i dont remember if i mentioned that this latest transfer, the one I will be in until Friday morning, has been with Elder Hill from Utah. (before him was Elder Hernandez from Idaho); Elder Hill i had seen in the MTC. He's the batch behind me. And we have been serving in Hinigaran 2nd Ward, somewhere between Pontevedra and Binalbagan (between Bacolod and Kabankalan). And i must say, having served two transfers in this area has been quite the experience for me. Quite. It would be some of my greatest hope that I follow through with how I feel of this past transfer... and take the initiative and change my being. Change my life. I'm so excited.

No...nope, sorry! Not on Ilo Ilo. Transfer announcements were earlier this morning. I'm transferring... and so is my companion, Elder Hill. He'll be going Senior now; exciting for him. He needs this responsibility... to lose the comfort of having 'someone else' to understand or adapt or decide. He'll grow amazingly... despite his charades of dismay about it =P!

The area will be whitewashed... 2 new missionaries; and we will need to prep the area for new missionaries. There is a lot of excitement going on in Bacolod Mission right now... President Tobias is a man who I could have never picture I might obtain as a Mission President... basta, in his humble, quite manner, I have learned more about being Called of God, Receiving Revelation, and being Inspired... than I might ever otherwise have been. I know that this Man Humbles himself before the Lord...
and thus, I know by whom come the commands. And I have faith, that The Lord Knows his Fold. "Do It." Has come to be a phrase that comes through my mind again and again.

We leave this area with many potential investigators, wala pa bunyag (hasnt been a baptism in this area for quite some time),
and a few progressing, as well as these key: 5 Families, the mothers and some of the children, active in reading the Book of Mormon, and excited about the Church; as well as 3 individuals who's conversion is at the same, a hunger for the scriptures, and a willingness to submit to the will of the Father. 8 potential baptisms for this area in the next month or two... followed by their family members as well. I am so Happy for them. And the Ward.

It seems the Mission is changing, Family. It seems it is changing. Today changed my life... for I felt a bit of truth, as it were, undiluted, poured from Heaven upon me. But a small realization. But if real... my gosh the Wonder.

The world is about to change, Mother, Father. Make no doubt about it. The Mission is changing, not just here, but the World over. Not the lessons. Not the Gospel. But the Committment. Even as Ammon, from the get go... from the moment, a person meets is... obtaining the desire to be baptized... inviting them, straightway... in power and testimony. Even from the first Moment...Let the World Recognize their Christ. It will take a great look within. It will take a great pondering on why we do what we do. But as one of the General Authorities remarked, "We are in a Hurry."

There's no longer time to be but a helper. It's time to Go forth with Faith. With Power. In the Spirit. And the Promise... They Shall Know, Who We Are.

The World is about to Change... when all Shall Know their Maker. I Believe in this. And I Hope to be a Part. From the President, the Apostles, the Prophet...

Let's Change the World. Do we believe in miracles? (we all want to say yes...); Then, Let's do It.

[...]

aaaaandd... time's up! 30 minutes na!

Transfers! Tell ya where I end up!

--Elder Christopher A. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog LANGUAGE Translations